What is the Co-Op Experience?
- The Co-Op experience is an academic path that offers students an opportunity to gain a year of paid work experience while working toward their degree.
- The Co-Op experience is closely aligned with your major and improves your understanding of the relationship between theory and application.
- The Co-Op experiences are paid while earning up to 6 academic credits
- The Co-Op experience is a benefit to any NCE graduate. It's getting your foot in the door of a company, that may be looking to hire when you graduate.
How would you be eligible for Co-Op?
- As an NCE student you are eligible for co-op after the completion of your freshman year.
- All requirements can be found on the Career Development Web page.
- Your Department Co-Op advisor would be happy to discuss this opportunity with you
Benefits for Participating in Co-Op Education
- 95% students have jobs before they graduate
- 60% take jobs with companies they worked for
- Real-world application of fundamentals
- Professional experience
- Increased earnings upon graduation
- Increases retention
- Financial support
True intention is not merely a mental exercise. It is a powerful, visceral force. The way to have it, is to follow your purpose. Make the commitment to do what is authentically meaningful to you, and through you, it absolutely begins to happen..